What you need to know
Designing and building a new home or renovating your existing home can and should be an enjoyable process. It can also be stressful and costly if you do not engage the right professionals from the start. Securing the services of a quality Architectural Designer with excellent design and communication skills is the first essential step you need to take in the Design and Build process. This will enable you to enjoy the process and achieve your project goals.
WHY use an Architectural Designer?
- New, original and creative design solutions that you may not have thought of.
- Adding value to the project through good design and functional space planning
- Provide Building Consent Documentation which will be the basis of the project obtaining a CCC (Code of Compliance Certificate) essential for Insurances, Sale and Purchase Agreements etc.)
WHAT should I get from my Architectural Designer?
- Clients design brief (what you want to achieve)
- Creative design ideas
- Efficient design
- Establish local Council building controls. (will a Resource Consent be required?)
- Architectural Plans (Site Plan, Floor Plans, Elevations)
- Ensure design meets the clients design brief
- Preliminary Estimate of Costs (PEC) by Building Contractor
- Detailed architectural drawings including, plans, details and product specifications.
- Engaging consultancy services as required.
- Prepare and collate all documentation.
- Have a clear BUDGET !
- Collate a scrap book of design ideas you do like (Pinterest is great for this).
- Ensure you are 100% happy with the Developed Design
- Be critical through the design process, do not rush this. It is far easier, and cost effective, to alter designs on paper rather alter buildings.
- ASK QUESTIONS !
– Timeframes, Deliverables, Costs
-Has the Architectural Designer had experience with the type of project you are undertaking and have they had experience dealing with the local Council.
Get in touch with Demand Limited
If you would like advice or assistance on any building project and are interested in the services we can provide and value we can add to your building plans, please fill out the enquiry form and we will contact you soon.